I first published this post in November of 2013 and I republished it in early 2015. The other day I was thinking about how crazy the last 5 years have been for us, which led to me think about this post. I thought it might be time for another update. So, just for fun here’s an updated version of 25 things you may not know about me. They are in no particular order.
1. If you look up the word impatient in the dictionary, you’ll find my name.
2. I am a self-admitted history geek. I believe firmly that we have to know how far we’ve come in order to move forward.
3. I am a retired elementary school teacher, child development center director and university instructor. It’s a career I loved and was often challenged by.
4. I have been married for 38 years but never walked down the aisle. Civil ceremony. It was in Honolulu though!
5. I’ve had 3 surgical procedures on my left foot. I think that’s more than my fair share.
6. I was a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune television game show. Absolutely true.
7. I have a paralyzing fear of heights and huge open spaces, and I cannot look up at a skyscraper.
8. Speaking of fears – any living thing from the insect realm freaks me out. Seriously.
9. I hate to fly but I will do so to get where I want to go, but it usually requires a cocktail in a pill.
10. I love mowing our 5 acres of field grass on our riding lawnmower, Hilda.
11. Asparagus and carrots are my favorite veggies. Yum!
12. I can cook. And bake.
13. Rocky Road ice cream, chocolate pudding, dipped cones and really good pastry.
14. I was born in California but grew up in a very small town in Nevada. When I was a kid there were no traffic lights in our town and people left their doors wide open.
15. I am 1/2 German and 1/2 Portuguese. Stubborn. I visited both countries, for the first time, in 2015.
16. I took my 1st college class at the age of 33.
17. I am allergic to shellfish and way too many other things.
18. I don’t have hobbies, but I can create fabulous scrapbooks/photo journal albums.
19. Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus and the entire Peanuts Gang warm my heart.
20. I can drive a stick shift. And I can drive a 16′ Penske Truck named Big Betty.
21. I do not like coffee, beer or red wine, but I will go out of my way for a good Chai Latte.
22. I need 3 pairs of prescription glasses. Reading. Distance. Sunglasses.
23. We owned a Bed & Breakfast for 4 years.
hate loathe structured exercise but I can walk for miles. We walked 350 miles along the Camino de Santiago in 2015.
25. I am madly in love with Julia Child.
That’s just a little bit of a glimpse into what makes me tick. Let us get to know you just a bit as well. What are 3 things most people might not know about you?